How #CloneComp works
Here are the key points to the competition. Full rules and frequently asked questions can be found on the main CloneComp site.
- Day one everyone must start from the master cloneable.
- Submissions should be built on the home page of the cloned project.
- Projects can be single page or multipage websites.
- Each day participants will get new instructions ("Secret Ingredients") which must be incorporated into that round of the design. They will appear in the grid above on this page.
- Each round, participants must start by cloning someone else's project from the prior round.
- The process will repeat for three rounds, culminating in an online Happy Hour where winners and prizes will be announced.
- Submissions will be sorted using Airtable, and displayed on the main #CloneComp site.
How to submit a cloneable
Submissions must be made before 12pm (EST)
at the close of each round to count for round-specific scoring and prizes.
Only one submission per person per round will be considered.
Submissions Deadlines (US Eastern Standard Time)
- July 21 12pm - Master Cloneable Released
- July 22 12pm - Round 1 submissions due
- July 23 12pm - Round 2 submissions due
- July 24 12pm - Final submissions due
- July 24 4pm - Awards & Happy hour
- Participants must complete all 3 rounds to qualify for top prizes
- Participants are eligible to win round specific prizes regardless of whether they complete all three rounds
- Overall adherence to official rules will be considered during final scoring decisions
- Use of theme colors, shared assets and storyline will be considered as part of the final decision.
- Submissions should be made on by noon EST each round in order to qualify for round specific scoring and prizes.
- Overall creativity
- Adherence to storyline and daily prompts
- Creative interpretation
- Graphics design
- Misc embellishments
- Lottie files
- Bonus points for using Jetboost, Memberstack, etc.
- Bonus points for sharing submissions on Twitter and tagging #clonecomp2020?